The result dates for CA CPT (Chartered Accountancy Common Proficiency Test) and CA Finals are out. It is tomorrow that is 17th January, 2017. It is rightly said that the word ‘results or results are out’ are the deadliest words on earth. Irrespective of the number of attempts one has appeared, the ‘result’ day causes a superlative degree of anxiety, fear and what not, isn’t it?
Results come over time and not overnight
Results come over time and not overnight
This article would not bring a change in your results tomorrow but would surely make an attempt to change the attitude you hold or will hold. Who knows when I’m writing this today, tomorrow even I may need a reading of my own article because I too have my results tomorrow.
Out of experience and also out of advice of my boss/ friends/ peers I would tell you the do’s and don’t’s for tomorrow. The truth though remains that how much ever we try most of the attempts to keep ourselves composed goes for a toss on the ‘doom’ s day’.
Following are the do’s and don’t’s for the time ‘before’ the results are out
- Engross yourself in an activity the moment you get up in the morning say a sport or your favorite series. I would prefer funny videos. Do everything that would help you divert mind.
- Prepare yourself for all the situations. Make a plan today i.e. on 16th January 2017; Plan A for a positive result and Plan B for a negative result.
- Go out for a brisk walk and take deep breaths. Drink enough water, water lowers down tension level.
- Say it to yourself ‘I shall clear’….be positive (I do this even when I’m in the gym running on a treadmill, I babble ‘I shall get through’)
- Think of the good things that shall happen if you get through (irrespective of the number of attempts)
- Talk to that person whom you think would motivate you.
- Be selfish today, think of yourself not about you friends as to whether he/she would clear and you would not and vice versa. Strictly mind your own business.
- Do not call up everyone. Not everyone would help you stay composed they might even scare the hell out of you. Make minimum phone calls.
- No being negative, over panicking, irrespective of the results stay positive till the results are out.
- Do not think of the consequences of a bad result (as you have a Plan B as mentioned in do’s above) if you have done what is required then you will be rewarded sooner.
- Do not keep quiet, keep talking. When you talk you express and it helps to relieve stress.
- Do not overthink. This would not only make you fearsome but would worsen your mental and physical health.
Do’s and Don’t’s after the results are out
- Accept whatever is the result. Blaming the institute would not help in case you could not get through. Life is tough but we CA students are expected to be toughest. Take time to heal but get up and fight harder with better strategies etc.
- Stick to the Plan. If you have not made plan make a written plan. Drop the old plans and try a different one this time.
- Do not compare yourself with others. Some get through in their first attempt and for few it might take even ten attempts. As long as you do not quit attempts should not matter. Passing should be your goal the thoughts of not getting in a job market should not bother you. Once you clear that can be considered later.
- Prioritize both in case of positive and negative result. Everything that takes you away from the degree should be set aside.
- Congratulations if you get through but remember to thank everyone and most importantly do not throw advice to the ones who could not. This is not the time for advice, try empathy.
Few might think it is easy to write down points and difficult to make them work, I agree. However, it is better to have these points in mind rather than simply worrying about the results. CA is a tough course because it needs a tough mind, train your mind and irrespective of the results you are a professional. Good luck.
Failure should not stop you for chasing your dream. Think of the dream and keep going.
If you have any suggestions write in the comment box below because I too have results tomorrow.