DISCLAIMER: This is a compilation of humour being shared by netizens around the world. ‘A Lump of Jaggery’ neither condones nor endorses any of the views shared in this article here. The views are of the author and subject matter is intended purely as satire. Reader’s discretion advised.
15 days back, a taxi hailed outside an airport, a businessman wearing tuxedo gets in, cab goes to a posh area of the town, rider lends a note of 1000, cabbie gives the regular answer sir no change, rider without even bothering about it, says in his calm tone, ‘Keep the change’. Cabbie was happy, so was the rider.
Now imagine the same scene after the historical news, same cabbie, same businessman and same problem, now the cabbie requests a change. Unless you’re living in the stone world you must be knowing the big news and mind you it’s not about US Elections. While some were still asking proofs of surgical strike, the Indian government did a surgical strike again, this time on its biggest problem after Pakistan: the black money.
On 8th of November, 2016 in his 40-minute address first in Hindi and later in English, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes “will not be legal tender from midnight tonight” and will be “just worthless pieces of paper.” Needless to say, this news comes as a huge surprise to the public. Although its quite some time to this news, the buzz fo this big news remains the same with few being in favor of this and few opposing this decision. We though of breaking the monotony and here we give you 10 lighthearted messages on this note:
1) 31 DEC से पहले जियो free
31dec के बाद 500/ 1000 के नोट फ्री
2) 8th Nov,2016
8 :15 PM – 2 messages from 2 contacts
8:45 PM – 480 messages from 15 contacts
‘Paisa sachme bolta hai!’
3) Samsung isn’t the only one recalling the *Notes* this year.
4) The day Demonetization was announced, the whole country realized how Engineering student do assignments a night before there submission.
5) Client asks his CA: I have deposited 5 lakhs in wife’s account. Are you sure IT people will arrest my wife or should i deposit more?
6) Me- आंटी यहाँ से SBI कितना दूर है?
Aunty- यहाँ से 2km
Me- वहाँ तक जाने के लिए ऑटो मिल जाएगा?
Aunty- चुपचाप मेरे पीछे खड़ा हो जा
7) The 2k note is designed to lose color after getting wet. In fact if you soak it in water long enough,you’ll see Gandhiji wearing oxygen mask.
8) Since 8th November 2016,
90% Indians did PhD in Finance and Monetary Economics.
9) Kids in 2060
Mere grandfather “Black money ki ladai mein” 10-12 dino tak bank ki queue mein the.
10) I was alive when Kejriwal took a stand against those who took a stand against corruption.